Darlings of Decay: Cynthia Melton

I was recently invited to participate in an anthology of female authors who write zombie related material. A lot of great ladies are involved, thirty two in all, and the end product is just amazing. It is free from several places and only .99 cents on Amazon. Again, in case you missed it the first time, here is the skinny on it:


With over 325,000 words and featuring some of Amazon's Best Selling Female Authors of Horror, this is certainly not your typical anthology book!

Sit back as your favorite authors of zombie lit take you on a wild, horrifying ride that will leave you breathless. Come and meet the women who love to entertain you with their own unique versions of the zombie apocalypse.







 

As I read the bios of these women, I realize how incredibly lucky a schmuck like me was allowed to share the table of contents with such superstars. Here we have our next lovely Darling, Cynthia Melton. 
 

1) What got you interested in writing about zombies?
After getting hooked on The Walking Dead, I thought it might be fun to write a zombie book that featured my son as one of the main characters. He plays the brother, Mychal. I had no idea the books would do as well as they are. I'm having a blast!

2) Do you think books by women tend to carry distinctly feminine covers, regardless of the subject matter, or do you think the industry treats woman the same as male authors?

Hmmm. I'm not sure about this. I don't think so. I know my book covers are definitely not "feminine" or romantic in any way. It's quite possible that readers will gravitate more toward male zombie writers, but I believe that is changing...and fast!

3) Tell us a bit about your story in darlings of decay.

I chose to write a prequel to my series to let the reader know how the virus was released. I hinted at it in the first novella, but made it personal in the prequel.
  
4) If you HAD to choose, which would you rather do: eat the entire F section of an encyclopedia, or lick a bus station bathroom floor from corner to corner? 
Is the floor covered in chocolate? Because that would definitely affect my answer.
 
(Just to clarify, no, it is not.)

5) What is your greatest fear?

Losing someone I love.

*****
Writing under the name Cynthia Melton for her general market and zombie books, Multi-published author Cynthia Hickey had three cozy mysteries published through Barbour Publishing, with a novella releasing in March 2013. Her first mystery, Fudge-Laced Felonies, won first place in the inspirational category of the Great Expectations contest in 2007. Her third cozy, Chocolate-Covered Crime, received a four-star review from Romantic Times. All three cozies have been re-released as ebooks through the MacGregor Literary Agency, along with a new cozy series. She has several historical romances releasing in 2013 and 2014 through Harlequin’s Heartsong Presents. She lives in Arizona with her husband, one of their seven children, two dogs and two cats. She has five grandchildren who keep her busy and tell everyone they know that “Nana is a writer”. Visit her website at www.cynthiahickey.com