A Word with Suzi M.



I was going to post a picture of an adorable kitten today, but I found something much better. I know! What is better than a kitteh? How about an interview with Suzi M? (I think the M stands for aMazing!)

Who in the hell are you? What are you doing on my blog! Oh… that’s right, I invited you. *ahem* I meant to say, take a moment to introduce yourself.
Name’s M. Suzi M. Occasionally known as James Glass or Xircon, depending on my mood. I like to write, and have lived under the delusion I do a pretty decent job of it.

If you could pick one word to describe your creative side, what would it be, and why?
Multi-faceted because I work across genres, genders, and mediums. When not writing I’m doing things with fiber and yarn, or building a 6’7 wireframe grim reaper for Halloween decoration, or making jewelry, etc.

What do you like on a baked potato?
Butter and sour cream. LOTS of butter and sour cream. And salt.

What do you think lead you to do that voodoo that you do so well?
Possibly insanity. Possibly just a need to exist in a world where I created it and made the rules. Possibly a failed career as a florist. Who can say?

Who do you consider your biggest influence in your field?
It’s hard to nail it down to just one person because there are so many fantastic writers out there who I hope to be like when I grow up.

What’s the biggest potato you’ve ever eaten?
It was a dark and stormy night, and the potato was as big as my hand. It tried to run, but I won.

If you had to pick between the three primary colors—yellow, red and blue—which do you think the world could do without?
I refuse to answer this one. I love all the colors equally, but for different reasons.

Do you prefer granny panties or thongs? Or perhaps neither?
Commando.

In fifty lying words or less, tell us why they call those little buds on potatoes ‘eyes.’ (In other words, I am not looking for the real reason. Be creative!)
Long ago the Great Potato rose from the earth in a hail of fire and brimstone. The ensuing battle lead all of mankind to believe the Great Potato’s buds were eyes because it was able to see their attacks from every angle.

In one word, describe the secret to success.
Patience.

Why is it I can never find a parking place when I am in a rush? Every time I go somewhere just for funsies or goofing off, there are twenty places right up front. But if I am in a rush? Nope! Not a space in site!
You have not made sufficient appeal to the Parking Faery, that’s why.

How many potatoes do you think you can you lift? I am talking standard Idaho, approx 13.5 oz. What? I am NOT obsessed with potatoes! You’re like the millionth person this week to say that. Just answer the question.
20lbs in one lift. One arm. With a swinging radius of about ten to fifteen feet.

 
What projects do you have on the burner right now?
The third installment of the Metatron Mysteries is first and foremost, along with a short story growing ever longer about the origins of John Smith.

 If you had to have a few words of warning about yourself tattooed on your forehead to alert others of your dangerous nature, what would it say? (Hint: Mine would probably say, “Beware of gassy emissions.”)
‘Flakier than most croissants.’

When not busy with her own work or getting pictures and autographs of people who recognize her on the street, Suzi helps support the efforts of independent artists, writers, musicians, and film-makers.
You can follow her on Twitter @xirconnia or join the Suzi M Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SuziMOfficial