Amazing Audio

A few weeks ago I released my long awaited steampunk Gothic horror, The Cold Beneath. The premise is simple: an expedition to find True North is derailed by an explosion, after which the victims return from the dead to seek the warmth of the remaining survivors. It has zombies and inventions and a little romance. Folks are really enjoying it, as evident by the occasional email or review folks leave me. The art is awesome thanks to Philip R. Roger and both the ebook and print versions are just lovely. I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out.

Actually, I thought I couldn't be more pleased, until a young man by the name of Chris Barnes sent me a little gift.


Chris first wrote me to let me know he really enjoyed Skin Trade, and that he read it in a single day. I love, love, love reader feedback, so this quick and kind word just made my week. He further made my week by writing me a day later to say that he consumed The Cold Beneath in a single day as well. Nice! Then he began to hint around that he would have something for me in a few days, as a way of thanking me for such an awesome story. I couldn't imagine what it was, after all the best way to thank an author is a great review.

Or so I thought.

About a week later a message showed up in my FB box. Attached to the message was a link for an audio file. Normally I am leery about unannounced links, but I figured this must be the surprise Chris spoke of, so I clicked. It turned out to be a recording of him reading the first chapter of The Cold Beneath.

And. It. Is. AWESOME! (click here to listen)

I lavished my undying affection upon the poor young man, thanking him for all eternity for such an amazing piece of work. Chris was modest about his recording, but I couldn't just let it go at that. I wanted to hear him read the whole thing. After some negotiating, I am pleased to say that Chris has agreed to record the entire novel, which will then be available for download so others can enjoy it.

You can find out more about Chris at his blog, The Dynamic Ram. I have no idea when it will be ready, but at the rate his is going with it, the book should be done pretty soon. I can hardly wait to share it with the world! Chris's reading is just amazing, and his variety of voices is impressive. Again, you can click here to listen to the first chapter. Once the book is finished, I'll post links all over the place.

Until then, later taters!
Tonia