Reviewing Reviews

Skin Trade has gotten quite a it of attention this week, not just from me--which I will explain in a moment--but also from reviewers. It's garnished a couple of fresh ratings from Good Reads and two new reviews as well.

The first came from Nikolas Robinson on Goodreads.

"The visceral quality of the narrative is both captivating and unsettling at points, and I loved it."

You can read the rest here.


The second was from Robert Essig from his blog Robert Essig's Confusions, Delusions, and Formidable Impressions.

"Skin Trade is a well crafted book that will stick with you long after you finish reading it. The characters breathe, they live, and you want to know what happens to them."

You can read all of it here.


I also had a word or two with a reviewer who took on Skin Trade despite her distaste for westerns. Turns out she loved it, and will post an in depth review of the novel as well as in interview later in the week. 



In other news, I am working with the amazingly talented Chris Barnes from Dynamic Ram Audio Productions to get Skin Trade all set for an audio book. He is auditioning for the main narrator right now, so if you think you can pull off Sam's accent, get in touch with with him. 

That said, I am pleased to announce that we have the beautiful Cindy Rhodes aboard the project to score the audio book. Yes! An original score for Sam's story. How awesome is that? Cindy plays the hammered dulcimer, which I think will lend an eerie edge to the already weird west vibe of the book. I have included a link below so you guys can get a feel for her work. This is gonna rock major socks! 



Oh, and to celebrate my 100th post, just for grins and giggles, and to quicken the heart and put a smile on my face as well as yours, here is Neil Gaiman in a Dr. Who scarf.  Is the drool apparent? Thanks Dorian!





Later taters,
Tonia