Darlings of Decay:Rebecca Snow

I recently was invited to participate in an anthology of female authors who write zombie related material. A lot of great ladies are involved, thirty two in all, and the end product is just amazing. It is free from several places and only .99 cents on Amazon. Here is the skinny on it:


With over 325,000 words and featuring some of Amazon's Best Selling Female Authors of Horror, this is certainly not your typical anthology book!

Sit back as your favorite authors of zombie lit take you on a wild, horrifying ride that will leave you breathless. Come and meet the women who love to entertain you with their own unique versions of the zombie apocalypse.







 

Since I was lucky enough to fall into this great group of ladies, I thought I would take a chance to introduce you to a few of them. Now I bring you our next guest, Rebecca Snow. 
 

1) What got you interested in writing about zombies?


I love that zombies are the most indiscriminant of “bad” guys.  They don’t care how much money you have or what you wear.  Your political views don’t matter to them.  If you don’t have the latest technology, they couldn’t care less.  All they care about is whether or not they can catch you and bite into your skull.  That lack of prejudice makes them (and their victims) more fun for me to write.

2) Do you think books by women tend to carry distinctly feminine covers, regardless of the subject matter, or do you think the industry treats woman the same as male authors?


From what I’ve seen, the covers depend on the content of the book, not the name on the front of the book.  I could be wrong, but I’ve seen some very masculine covers on books by women (and vice versa).

3) Tell us a bit about your story in darlings of decay.


“A Mile in His Shoes” is about a guy on death row and why he happens to be there.  It’s full of corruption and how things aren’t always as they seem.
  
4) If you HAD to choose, which would you rather do: eat the entire F section of an encyclopedia, or lick a bus station bathroom floor from corner to corner?


F section.  Paper cuts and all.  Since you didn’t say the S section, it was a no brainer.  That would have given me gas.

5) What is your greatest fear?


Only one person knows my greatest fear, and most people wouldn’t believe it anyway.  So you’ll get the runner up.  I’m afraid of myself.  I scare the willies out of myself. 
*****



Rebecca Snow is a Virginia writer whose ancient clan of cats swat at her fingers as she types.  Her short stories have been published in a number of small press anthologies and online.  You can find her blathering about random things at www.cemeteryflowerblog.wordpress.com.  She’s on Twitter @cemeteryflower and on Facebook (look for the bloody handprint).