Darlings of Decay:A.R. Von

I recently was invited to participate in an anthology of female authors who write zombie related material. A lot of great ladies are involved, thirty two in all, and the end product is just amazing. It is free from several places and only .99 cents on Amazon. Here is the skinny on it:


With over 325,000 words and featuring some of Amazon's Best Selling Female Authors of Horror, this is certainly not your typical anthology book!

Sit back as your favorite authors of zombie lit take you on a wild, horrifying ride that will leave you breathless. Come and meet the women who love to entertain you with their own unique versions of the zombie apocalypse.









 Since I was lucky enough to fall into this great group of ladies, I thought I would take a chance to introduce you to a few of them. Here is our next guest, A.R. Von, who took some time to answer five little questions for us.
   


1) What got you interested in writing about zombies?

To be honest, I never thought about writing about zombies. The reason Wunder came to be is a request for authors  to contribute to an anthology (zombie based) to help raise money for the American Diabetes Foundation was brought to my attention and I thought about the subject they wanted the story based on and thought to myself "I could do that, EASY!" The idea for Wunder came to my head immediately and I wrote it all down. I've always enjoyed horror movies, zombies and all the things that go bump in the night. So writing Wunder was very easy for me. Anyway, they ended up not accepting it (it was not erotic enough-I believe- or it might have been the lack of intense gore. Who knows?!) But I left Wunder to the side for some almost a year. A few friends of mine got a peek at it when I first wrote it out and told me I should do something with it. Get it out there because it's original and entertaining as a good story should be. Even for a short.

2) Do you think books by women tend to carry distinctly feminine covers, regardless of the subject matter, or do you think the industry treats woman the same as male authors?
I do not see much of a difference. Specifically in this genre.Actually thinking about it further.Male/female co-authors in any genre. The covers are what they want to express and that’s pretty much it. Kudos to them all :)

3) Tell us a bit about your story in darlings of decay.
My contribution to Darlings of Decay is a portion of Wunder (0.5 Dreamz), the first of the series,Wunder’s portion. It tells the reader about Wunder, her dreams, a bit about her surroundings, family, friends and how RIP deals with the infected.

4) If you HAD to choose, which would you rather do: eat the entire F section of an encyclopedia, or lick a bus station bathroom floor from corner to corner?
Yes, easy answer. Eat the entire F section of an encyclopedia with lots of water to wash it down! Just thinking about ANY bathroom, being licked gives me the stomach willies! Ewwe!

5) What is your greatest fear?
This has to be the hardest question I’ve ever been asked! Thinking… Thinking… I’d say any type of harm coming to my children is what I actually have had nightmares about! They are my world. I’ve personally no intense fears otherwise (you know; heights, spiders, snakes, etc). But who knows. That could change one day.

*****



A.R. is a mother of two entertaining teen boys (as well as a lovely fawn Chihuahua, whom she considers her furry daughter.) She’s also a wife to a delightfully handsome and amazingly funny man-beast. She’s an avid reader of many genres which include (but are not limited to) erotica, paranormal, ménage, thriller, fantasy, YA, some historical and western (have to love a hot cowboy or two here and there).  She also loves to exercise, listen to music, hike, cook, dance and write. She writes to free her mind of its constant wondering and loves the fact she can share it with readers that have the same passion for a great story.
She also loves to hear from her reader’s and chat away, so feel free to reach out to her any time.

FB: https://www.facebook.com/ARVon2