A Word with Tracy Ford

Today I have awkeja;oiq *get off of my laptop, cat!* 

Today I ald;alenwewjqn *I said get off!*

Today I have another awesome awerjawlenwenqg *GET OFF!*

*stares down cat... starts again* Today I have... *stares at cat some more* Today .... *makes absolutely sure cat will not interrupt this time* 

Today I have another awesome lady of the horror influence for you to get to know. She's a heck of a woman, and I think you'll like her almost as much as medoloveherverymuch. 

Okay, that wasn't the cat. That was just my fat fingers. Sorry... *cat looks forlorn and rejected* While I go explain why I don't need Weesnaw (the culprit cat in question) to help me with this blog post, you read the interview!


Who in the hell are you? What are you doing on my blog! Oh… that’s right, I invited you. *ahem* I meant to say, take a moment to introduce yourself.

Hello! My name is Tracy Ford and I live in Murfreesboro, TN. I am currently an author with May December Publications, a bassist with the band Lady E and the Black Light, and I work for the State of TN as my day-job. I have traveled and/or lived all over the East Coast and Vegas. I have been writing since I was about ten years old. Yes, horror. I love horror books, movies, music, collectables, and décor. Music is my main inspiration for my writing, I listen to Death Metal, Black Metal, Horror Punk, and anything dark and spooky.

If you could pick one word to describe your creative side, what would it be, and why?   

Darkness, because it is what inspires me to be the most creative.

What do you like on a baked potato?

Butter, salt, and pepper.

What do you think lead you to do that voodoo that you do so well?

How did you know? Must have been my time spent in New Orleans. Or maybe it was those younger years with the Ouija board? Or maybe, my Pagan beliefs?

Who do you consider your biggest influence in your field?

My biggest influence as a writer is probably Anne Rice. I have found that I write very similar to the way that she writes. Like Anne, my books are character driven and I am very attached to those whose stories I tell.  The biggest influence in my life overall would be Henry Rollins. He has been an inspiration to me for the last 22 years through his music, his writing, his honesty, and his intensity for life.

What’s the biggest potato you’ve ever eaten?

It was at a place called Backyard BBQ in Columbia, TN.

If you had to pick between the three primary colors—yellow, red and blue—which do you think the world could do without?

I don’t think the world should be without any colors. We already only see a limited amount, so taking any away would be a great hindrance to humankind. Our eyes should be open to more color in life and not less.

Do you prefer granny panties or thongs? Or perhaps neither?

I like bikini-style, comfy and cute, but if I only had those two styles to choose from, then thongs please.

In fifty lying words or less, tell us why they call those little buds on potatoes ‘eyes.’ (In other words, I am not looking for the real reason. Be creative!)

Within the ground, a potato consumes insects in order to grow. The unsuspecting creatures are absorbed by the tough skin of the potato when they try to sink their grubby tentacles into them. The body and the organs are turned into nutrients that are used by the potato as a natural growth hormone, but the eyes of the bugs are indigestible by the plant.

In one word, describe the secret to success.

Action. You have to go out there and do it, live life and take the opportunities that come your way without fear.

Why is it I can never find a parking place when I am in a rush? Every time I go somewhere just for funsies or goofing off, there are twenty places right up front. But if I am in a rush? Nope! Not a space in site!

Murphy’s law. Take a breath and drive around one more time, a spot will open up for you.

 How many potatoes do you think you can you lift? I am talking standard Idaho, approx 13.5 oz. What? I am NOT obsessed with potatoes! You’re like the third person this week to say that. Just answer the question.

Like, total? Individual potatoes? Two bags before I fall over, how many potatoes IS that? 20? 25?

If you could treat any one person to dinner and a movie for all they have done for you, who would you take, where would you eat and what movie would you see?

I would take my husband, Chris Ford, to Longhorn (our favorite place) and preferably come home to watch a movie. I love horror movies, so a good Rob Zombie flick would be perfect.

What projects do you have on the burner right now?

I am finishing up my book, Sons of Cain, which is the sequel to my first novel, Goddesses of Lilith. I am very excited about it. This book follows the three sons of Lilith and Cain and is the darker side of the stories told by the Goddesses. It is not recommended for a younger audience.

If you had to have a few words of warning about yourself tattooed on your forehead to alert others of your dangerous nature, what would it say? (Hint: Mine would probably say, “Beware of gassy emissions.”)

Warning: May Point Out Uncomfortable Truths

Say goodnight, Gracie.

Goodnight Gracie!



* Tracy McGinty Ford was born in Medina, Ohio, in 1977. Early poetry works can be found in her High School literary magazine, The Stylus. She went to MTSU, where she received a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Anthropology, with minors in Archaeology and Medieval History.  *

Amazon:


Also available in this box set:


My Facebook Page: