Run, Fat Girl! Run! Part 1



After years of treating my body like an amusement park, I decided to try and turn around my nasty habits and take somewhat better care of myself. I started by walking 3-4 times a week, in small spurts of 5 minutes or so. Why so short? That’s all I could handle without getting winded. I know! So very, very out of shape. 

At first it was really hard to focus on anything but hauling my fat ass around and around. Hard not to think about how my feet were aching and my thighs were rubbing up a five alarm fire! Seriously, I worried my shorts would catch fire with each step. Even with music blaring across my headset, I couldn’t get past the fact that I was exercising, and exercising sucked. SUCKED!


Then I discovered the world of exercising apps. 


I know, I know. It sounds like just another way for fat folks to give away their money expecting something to happen without actually putting in any effort. That’s what I thought too, at first. All the claims that an exercise app could motivate you to move and keep you on that path seemed silly to me. But what I didn’t count on was that the app could make exercising something I totally didn’t expect.


It made it fun.
  


Ugh, how did I associate walking a mile and a half with fun? Easy. I discovered not just one but two story based apps that keep me entertained, engaged and totally distracted from the fact that I was working out. Geesh, I never thought I would be the kind of person who would say those words in that order. But I suppose that’s the truth of the matter. I have been, as they say, working out.  
Over the next few days for my month long blog challenge, I will explain and review these two games; Zombies, Run! and Battlesuit Runner.

Join me tomorrow as I talk about the Zombies, Run! 3 app.
Zombies and exercise? Yup.